Two years have passed since the first well received Zidanca sprint and we thought it was time for a sequel. Instead of working on Plone like last time, we were focusing our efforts on Kotti and NixOS.
We were again located in the beautiful south-east wine region of Slovenia and we are sure the calming nature, sauna, a natural pool and of course great wine and food all helped in making this sprint a success.
We focused on various smaller fixes and tweaks while setting up the grounds for some of the bigger features and changes.
Five main things were worked on:
- Kotti's WYSIWYG editor was upgraded to TinyMCE version 4.0.2, bringing a much nicer looking user interface which fits into the overall Kotti style much nicer and scales down to smaller displays
- We added tabbed forms support to deform_bootstrap, so each nested (Mapping) Schema will be rendered inside it's own tab
- Andreas <disko> started kotti_multilingual earlier in 2013. We had a round of discussion with the various sprinters and managed to get a working prototype of a plugin that will support content translations.
- A basic prototype for versioning history support was created
- Since the tutorial finished up rather abruptly, we finished it up and added additional information to it
- Various smaller fixes and enhancements to the documentation was made
All in all it was a very productive sprint!
The NixOS team focused mainly on improving documentation and wiki, fixing existing bugs and general tweaking of Python on Nix.
Dr. Eelco Dolstra also held a NixOS presentation for all sprint attendees.
A big thank you to all the participants, it would not be possible without all of you. An extra big thank you goes to Andraž Brodnik <brodul> who, to the great delight of everyone that was there, took over the kitchen and made sure everyone was well fed.
- Alojzij Blatnik <Predkambrij>
- Andraž Brodnik <brodul>
- Cillian de Róiste <goibhniu>
- Daniel Nouri <dnouri>
- Domen Kožar <iElectric>
- Eelco Dolstra <niksnut>
- Florian Friesdorf <chaoflow>
- Jaka Hudoklin <offline>
- Janž Verbančič
- Joachim Schiele <qknight>
- Jonas Hörsch <coroa>
- Jure Cerjak <ibi>
- Luka Kikic <kikic>
- Martin Žibert <peks>
- Matej Cotman <matejc>
- Natan Žabkar <nightmarebadger>
- Rob Vermaas <rbvermaa>
- Rok Garbas <garbas>
- Tadej Justin <usatko>
- Urban Škudnik <neo>
- Vanč Levstik <ferewuz>
We sincerely thank all the sponsors who made sure that the sprint was free of charge for all participants!
Share this post
comments powered by Disqus