Free Plone add-ons
Useful Plone add-ons - Free and Open Source.
Plone community has prepared a list of the best and most commonly used add-ons: http://paragon.plone.org/ is a good starting point for exploration of what Plone add-ons have to offer.
Here we present our list of very useful add-ons, grouped by category.
Products.PloneLDAP and plone.app.ldap
This is an add-on for integrating Apache Solr in Plone. Solr is based on Lucene and is the enterprise open source search engine. It powers the search of sites like Twitter, the Apple and iTunes Stores, Wikipedia, Netflix and many more. It improves Plone's search quality and performance.
- Tags: search, indexing
Products.CacheSetup and plone.app.caching
GALLERIES and CAROUSELS
This package integrates documentcloud’s viewer and pdf processing into plone.
- Plone 4: https://pypi.python.org/pypi/collective.documentviewer
- Tags: PDF, DOC, PPT, XLS viewer, document management
- Plone 3, 4: https://plone.org/products/solgema.fullcalendar/
- Tags: event, calendar, content management
A better folder contents view for plone, with multi-upload functionality, better drag and drop implementation, shift-click selection and more. This will be the default folder view in Plone 5.
- Plone 4: https://pypi.python.org/pypi/wildcard.foldercontents/
- Tags: content/document management
This package provides Audio and Video Dexterity content types and behaviors, conversions and players/views. It integrates the HTML5 media player mediaelementjs and uses Async if installed to convert videos to common formats.
- Plone 4: https://pypi.python.org/pypi/wildcard.media
- Tags: Audio-Video integration, content management
This products allows adding a descriptive image to content in a Plone site. It has similar behaviour as Plone News Item, where you can add an image to a news item and this image is displayed in news item listing.