Python Training for beginners
Time and duration: Courses are held once per week in the afternoon hours and last for 3 school hours (2h15m).
Participation: There is a minimum desired participation of 8 participants and maximum up to 20 participants to allow for quality teaching and work.
Price: The total price for a class is 800 EUR per month. The prices per participant may vary between 45 EUR and 90 EUR per month, dependent on the number of the participants. All prices include VAT.
Lecturer: The courses will be held by experienced Python developers and lecturers Natan Žabkar and Jure Cerjak.
Termitnjak Python Trainings
Since Python is so flexible, it can be (and more or less is) used practically anywhere, just a few examples of projects using Python are XBMC, free and open source media player, Dropbox, Blender, a free and open source 3D animation suite, Eve Online, a player-driven persistent world MMORPG using only one 'shard' (everyone plays on the same server), and YouTube. These are just some specific examples which use Python pretty heavily, but Python can also be found in many other big projects such as PayPal, Instagram, Google search engine, and eBay. Read more about Python.
Termitnjak Python Trainings for beginners are all about learning Python basics and more advanced topics, which enable students to use Python to develop websites, computer games, preparing for worldwide programming competitions, performing encryption and decryption, and learning concepts of weird and interesting mathematics. Learning takes place on several levels:
- For those who already have experience with programming or go for the second, third or fourth year, we are considering more advanced topics such as drawing fractals, which may be approaching in depth, making computer games with the module Tkinter in Python.
- The beginners first learn the basics of programming in the selected programming language, then it is customary to choose a little larger project (game) in which they work until the end of the year.
Of course, most of the training can be adapted to the wishes of students and so we practice the tasks of the competitions of programming, learn the use of Linux, making web pages, but also other languages.
The topics covered in our classes include:
- Input and output
- If sentences and conditions
- Loops (while loop, for loop, break, continue)
- Working with files (reading and writing)
- Turtle graphics
- Understanding algorithms
- Complexity of algorithms and what it means
- Interesting algorithms (sorting, pathfinding, finding islands, ... )
- Simple artificial intelligence (MinMax)
To deal with advanced topics, we will also need to learn some of:
- Logical values and operators
- Basic types (number, string, list, dictionary, set, tuple, ... )
- Advanced types (queue, stack, heap, tree, ... )
Functions and classe
- Scoping of variables
- Returning results
- Creation of new classes and their methods
- Special class methods (used to create custom operators and more)
- What are databases and how we can use them
- Differences between different kinds of databases
- Easy way to work with databases
- How to install and use Linux (even from USB key so you can carry it with you)
- Choosing and using a good editor
- What are linters and how to use them
- What is version control and how to it (git)
- Collaboration (GitHub, BitBucket, ... )